My Family & Other Animals

Monday 4 February 2013

"'Cause My Only Joy, Is A Cuddly Toy..."

 
 
Well I managed to survive a whole weekend on my own! Jo went away with her craft club (only girls allowed, no boys!!) and left me here all alone to look after our three hairy kids. Feeding myself was easy though, after all that's why the baby Jesus made takeaway's isn't it!!
I did manage to work my way through The Killing II and spent a good couple of hours on the phone catching up with my long-lost Australian buddy Neil. We spent so long on the phone that my cordless actually ran out of it's charge for the first time since we've had it!
I was going to craft while she was away but my back was so bad I couldn't manage to sit at the table so I did my usual and stamped a load of images to colour. I now have a mountain of stuff ready to go on cards but have no idea when I am going to be able to sit at my own table and make something with them.
Last week was a creative one though and I did manage to make a couple of new cards, one of which is this little beauty featuring Alice and the Cheshire Cat and to make it even more 'Carrollesque' I used my new X-Cut Make A Scene dies. I got the Tea Party and Sewing sets with my Mum's Christmas money and I wanted to make her a nice Mothering Sunday card with what I bought. I have used quite a few 'new bits' on this card, the flowers are (of course) from WOC and are unbelievably only made up of four flowers as they have these gorgeous sprays of Gardenias (available here) which come with three flowers on plus leaves and one of those lovely metal springs that are meant to look like a vine or something. I added a single rose and a couple of their lush little white daisies to make a pretty floral arrangement and I also used a new sentiment stamp I got from Lily Of The Valley. I love their stamps and their sentiments in particular as I think that £12.50 is brilliant for a whole A5 sheet of different sayings, plus they stamp like a dream every time too which doesn't hurt their cause any.
The images are from Kraftin' Kimmie and I haven't bought anything new of theirs for the longest time as all my attentions seem to be between Kenny K and my lovely Tilda. I have just added some more Tilda's to my collection and yesterday pre-ordered some of the new mini easter collection too, I love colouring them and as soon as I am able to sit for longer than half an hour I will be making quite a few cards up as I have a rather large pile of pre-coloured Tilda and Edwin's ready for use.
Slight digression I know but I just stopped to watch Beyonce and Destiny's Child perform at the Superbowl and Hey Presto, an e-mail arrives telling me that Bey is touring for the first time since 2009. I saw her in 2008 and I have to tell you that she is amazing live. I have never seen anyone keep up such a high octane performance for over two hours, all the while keeping her vocals pristine while she dances her boo-tay off. I hope to be able to get a ticket to see her but if the last tour is anything to go by then I doubt I could afford it now as her ticket prices went through the roof from one tour to the next, such a shame that only her super rich fans can afford to get near her now, while some of us have been there since the very beginning, since the days of the first D.C album which no one even bothered to buy in this country!
Anyhoo, moan over, keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get a ticket eh!
See you again at the weekend and if I don't see you through the week I'll see you through the window,
Hugs 'n Stuff,
Andy
xx
Entered Into: Brown Sugar Challenge #28 - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Friday's Challenge #95 - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede Challenge #25 - Someone Special
Raise The Bar Challenge #130 - A Couple Of Things
Copic Marker Europe Challenge #13 - Anything Goes with Copic Marker
Craft Us Crazy Challenge #36 - Get To Cutting
The Altered Alice Challenge #24 - Romance In Wonderland
Blessings Ink Challenge - All About You

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andy, love the psychedelic cat!!Perfect colouring and love the fresh spring papers you have used.
    Congratulations on surviving a weekend without Jo.....:)
    I agree with you about the price of concert tickets now...who wants to pay £75-90 for a seat that is so far away from the stage you can hardly see the large screens never mind actually seeing the act.
    Sorry to read that your back is playing up again hope you're feeling better soon.
    Take care
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly beautiful card Andy as always, I just love your work always inspirational! ..and secondly I just love reading your posts and I have to say I have seen Beyonce when she performed with Destinys Child in Sheffield a few yeras back - we were lucky to be on the front row right smack bang in the middle of the stage...amazing to see them that close up and they were amazing....so was thrilled to hear they were recording again ...downside like you said that tickets to see her now though...well I can think of better ways to spend my money than over inflated ticket prices! Got my memories though!
    Keep up the lovely work Andy ...looking forward to seeing your Tilda and Edwin images soon
    Love from Debby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, a really super card, love the little girl image, but that cats got a very evil smile.
    Hope your back is improving,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andy. This card is so cute and fun.
    Great to have you joining us at Brown Sugar.
    Good luck.

    I'm following you know.

    Come and visit me at my personal blog
    http://qiquilly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy, what a wonderful card you have created! Great design and the images are adorable.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    QKR Stampede Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card! Love all the cups in the front of the card and how the girl stand on them. Great job with the colours as well.

    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week - good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is precious! Love the stamps and the teacup silhouettes are beyond fabulous. thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww how cute is this, love the colours you have used and the layout
    Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at
    Brown Sugar and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Digi Darla DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    Brown Sugar Challlenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Lady Annes stamp challenge DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for playing along with my Amusing Challenges all about "you" last week! Love your Alice in Wonderland theme! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, including those stacks of teacups at the bottom, what a great touch! Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.