My Family & Other Animals

Sunday 17 January 2016

I'm On My Way....

Just a quick announcement to let you, my Gentle Reader, know that I am nearly ready to start posting again. I have been away for over a year and during that time I have had quite a few health problems to deal with and as a result, I found myself to be in a very low spot mentally. 
It turns out that this hasn't proven to be my biggest hurdle so far, I have also been struggling with the worst bout of insomnia I have ever had. I have never really been one for long lie-ins and I usually get up with Jo every morning, who gets up at sparrow's toot in order to feed the cats. Just lately though, I have been getting between 0 and 3 or 4 hrs a night and what sleep I do manage to grab is fragmented and quite simply, rubbish! This has turned me into a Nacoleptic who can fall asleep mid-sentence and I get the trippiest hallucinations ever. For some bizarre reason, my mind has decided that in times of extreme weariness I will see a large black cat, floating upside down in my peripheral vision!!! I have also been know to bring Jo into my conversations with Thora Hurd or rows with Janet Street-Porter. She takes it all in her stride, bless her (she really deserves a medal for what she has had to put up with over the last 12 months). I have learnt to distinguish between real and tired life though and can usually managed to let her know I am talking gibberish.
So as you see, I am learning to live with it and I have even started doing things during the day to fill my time. I just finished making a 1/12 size model of C3-PO (from Star Trek Wars) and am about to start making me very own Stormtrooper too. I also love the grown-up colouring books and we both got a really lovely bake-off book from ASDA this week along with the weekly shop.
I have also been tasked with the job of making my son's wedding invites. I am just waiting for the final details and should have something ready this week, so will definitely be posting those when they are ready.
I will be seeing you again real soon, just check back every 2 or 3 days and I hope you will be happy with what I have done.
Take Care,
Andy
XoXo

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Andy. Sorry to hear about your health issues over the past 12 months - hope that 2016 is a much much better year for you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of C3PO and the Stormtrooper. Be great to see those wedding invites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Andy.
    You must have the patience of Job to make those models, I look forward to seeing them.
    Take care of yourself, you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Andy. Nice to hear from you, take everything at your own pace and we look forward so seeing your work as when you can post. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.