My Family & Other Animals

Sunday 21 July 2013

"Ho, Ho, Ho It's Magic..."


 
And so another Sunday rolls around. I cannot speak for anyone else (obviously!) but I really, really hate Sundays!
I suppose it goes back to my childhood and apart from being the most boring day of the week, the relentless routine of Sundays wore me down; get up, hang around waiting for dinner (THE only highlight of my day!), watch the Sunday afternoon western on BBC1 with half-asleep parents who didn't care if I was there or not, have tea and then the weekly bath (whether it was needed or not eh!) with the Top 30 and Tony Blackburn followed by "The Onedin Line" ''That's Life' and bed. This happened week in and week out throughout my childhood. It even happened when I left school and got my first job!!
So years later, I find myself in a similar rut. Today will be spent colouring some absolutely amazing new Kenny K images though, as I have secured myself a slot as Guest Designer for the Krafty Krew Challenge blog which starts a new two week challenge next Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled. Kenny's latest images are of three new Steampunk ladies and he has really excelled himself this time.
Jo and I are a pair of home-birds really, so not going out doesn't really bother either of us, so for me Sunday is just a psychological hump I can't get over!
The weather does make things a tad more pleasant though. I love the sunshine. I had the honour of living in Gibraltar for three glorious years and that turned me into a sun-lover. I have loved watching the Channel 5 show about 'Life on the Rock' but it has made me feel really home-sick for a place I left in 1994, how does that work? Seeing it in all it's glory has shown me just how little the place has really changed in nearly twenty years, so going back wouldn't be too much of a disappointment.
They say 'you should never go back' but I love going down Memory Lane. I visit home (Redcar) every few years and while it never really makes me want to go back to live there, I still love the place to bits, it has also changed very little and I left there in 1981.
Anyhoo, enough rambling for one morning. This new card has a beautiful Nellie Snellen image which I have had for an eternity. I bought a stack of her stamps over a year ago and this is only the second one I have posted! I do have another card lined up so keep an eye out for that in the very near future though.
It is on an 8x8 card and I have used quite a few layers to make the image pop. I have used a SB nestie with a faux nestie beneath it and sandwiched between these and the blue layer of scrap card from my scrap-box is a sheet of Basic Grey paper but I can't remember which collection, sorry! Flowers are from Wild Orchid and the leaves are a Marianne die. Finally, I glittered up a few places to make them a little bling-y (word of the week) and I have used a sentiment from Creative Expressions but I usually use a little Claire sentiment which I can't live without these days, they are so versatile and they stamp up beautifully, even on textured card. Jo had a problem with one of their stamp sets this week and I can attest to how good their Customer Service is, they were brilliant in their communications and promises. A superb British company we can all be proud of.
I coloured the image with ProMarkers this time, I thought I would give the Copics a break.
So that's me again. Hope to be back again soon,
take care gentle reader,
Hugs 'n Stuff.
Andy
xx

Entered Into: 613 Avenue Create Challenge #29 - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody #25 - Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can Challenge #49 - Floral
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #52 - Flora and Fauna
Penny Black and More Challenge - Dies and Punches
That Craft Place Challenge - It's A Girl Thing
Colour Me Creative Challenge #73 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Hope your mood improves Andy and that you an Jo kiss and make up ;)
    I love Sunday's. It was always a day for a family day out during the summer months. Pack a picnic and off we would go. Don't think there is much in the North East that I haven't seen. Our trips would extend to the Borders, York and even the Lake District (but that one always meant an early start). Fabulous days on the coast at Bamborough, Sea Houses, Holy Island, Whitby,Scarborough and yes even Redcar :)
    In my late teens it was the day for a good lie in after discoing the night away. Getting up to a Sunday lunch cooked by my father...... Memories, memories.
    Onto your card. I love this SN image and love what you have done with her here. Great choice of colours and papers, and perfect use of dies. Gorgeous card.
    Keep you chin up
    Eileen x
    ps congrats on the GD spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously coloured card Andy. Love the papers and dies you have used. Your childhood Sundays sound just like mine. Now I take every opportunity to go out with the family rather than stay in.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful - I love your dies! And the image is colored perfectly.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andy,

    Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational work with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so neat, precise, beautifully coloured and the layout is fabulous. What more can I say except thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More.
    Good luck in our prize draw and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, quite stunning!! Thanks for joining in at That Craft Place this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty! such a sweet image and i love all the dies, especially the bottom scallop - it's so intricate and set off so nicely by the dark paper behind it. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andy! Just wanted to let you know that I've chosen your gorgeous card as our winner this week at 613 Avenue Create!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!! Please contact Chana at 613avenuewin@hotmail.com

    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card hun, thanks for joining us atThat Craft Place this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Andy, love the stamp and the layout is so pretty.
    Loved reading you post as it sounded so much like my Sundays growing up with the addition of Dad coming through the door at three and going back out at seven.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More Dies and Punches challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andy, Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful craftwork with us at FSC this fortnight. Just love the colour palette and delicious stamping. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful job! Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.