My Family & Other Animals

Monday 8 April 2013

"You're In The Arms Of The Angel..."

 
Bit late posting this today but once again I write to you of another illness!
 Jo has been in bed for the last four days but as to what is wrong with her I will just have to say - Pass! All I get out of her when I ask how she feels is "sick". She isn't usually poorly and even if she does get ill she doesn't like giving in to it but I have to confess to being quite worried about her, even though she refuses to let me get the doctor out! If things aren't any better in the morning then I will have to just ignore her wishes and call someone, so a few kind words on her blog wouldn't go amiss I'm sure!
 
In other news, has Spring finally arrived? I actually opened the bedroom window today!!! Our eldest cat Georgia immediately jumped into the front garden and spent a half hour looking for a nice bit of grass to suck on (she really is missing her teeth bless her!).
 
To pass the time spent on my own today, I found myself altering an empty Yorkshire Tea box. I'm not one for messing around usually, I normally know exactly what it is I want to do but today I just grabbed some papers and my Distress inks and started putting something together. It's not quite finished yet (and even when it is I have no idea what I am going to do with it!!) but when it is I will be sure and let you have a look at the finished product, just don't expect too much as it's not really my usual thing, I'm still a bit of a learner on the distressing front.
 
My new card is one of  my new Tilda's (coloured with my trusty PM's - loving the new Spring/Summer set too much at the moment!!). It's an 8x8 and the rose in the corner was made using a little Spellbinders set that I have never used before and I love the finished product. A friend bought me a lovely little set of different coloured mini gems for Christmas (even as I write that sentence I feel the need to once again confirm, yes I AM a man!!!) and even though they don't really show up very well on the picture, I made a swirly design using all the pinks and I think it makes a nice change to having a stem and leaves on the flower. Papers are all Basic Grey and the embossing folder is an 8x8 Die'sire Embossalicious folder called Regency Frame. Not a fan of anything Crafter Companion (I can't stand how everything they bring out is just a cheaper imitation of something better already produced by way more talented people!) but no one else is making larger embossing folders at the moment so Yay to them, they've actually come up with an original idea I can get behind. Flowers are from WOC (as per usual) and to finish the little angels off I used my quickie glue pen for the first time ever to give their wings a bit of a make-over.
 
I will finish this post on a bit of a high note. Last week I was literally given the push from the Kenny K design team and yet I start this week as one of their Top 3 for my Blue 4 U card below!! How awesome is that?
Hope you have a good week, I will put my little box up as soon as it's finished and as soon as Jo is up to it she has some lovely cards to post on her blog too.
Have a great week,
Hugs 'n Stuff,
Andy
xx
P.S. welcome to my new Follower, The-Butterfly. Check her blog out here, I love it.
 
Entered Into: Bearly-Mine Challenge #81 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Bingo (Glitter, Die Cuts, Blooms)
Sweet Stamps.com Challenge #112 - More Than One Stamped Image
Passion For ProMarkers Challenge #193 - Cut Out Your Image (Fussy Cutting)
Scrap-Creations Challenge - Flower Power
Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge #110 - Pastels
Deep Oceans Challenge #49 - Flowers and Fantasy

12 comments:

  1. I am going to start with a little constructive criticism....... A beautiful layout... totally gorgeous swirl but it's hardly visible on the patterned background. For me Andy you have just too many colours in there (and of course tildas ;P ) I always choose a colour theme and try to carry it through everything.
    You did this perfectly on your last card where the theme was blue and you just added highlights with other colours, Congratulations on your win with that you certainly deserved it.
    I missed your last post about Jo's blog, thank goodness you sorted it out, I only made it to 5th place :)
    So sorry to read that Jo is unwell, you certainly need to do something if she is no better tomorrow. I looked at the profile pic and hasn't she got the most beautiful smile.... think you are a lucky man to have found her.
    Hope she is well soon and hope you stay fit
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I really appreciate your honesty Eileen, you should never be afraid of constructive criticism and I agree with some of what you have written. I should have thought twice about how I layered my papers, the gems would have shown up on a better background but as for using too many colours!! I think most of my creations have got the same sort of feel to them, I don't really like using just one colour theme as they very rarely work out well for me, but it's just horses for courses isn't it and I respect you for being so honest with me.
      Thanks and Big Hugs,
      Andy
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Andy! I am so sorry to hear that Jo is poorly. Please do call the doctor tomorrow if she isn't feeling better. Hoping she will be, though. Glad you got her blog up and running. I am a follower over there now, too. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and flowers and the cute images! Take care, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope your other half gets better soon! It's a real worry when people who are usually hard as nails get poorly!
    On a better note, gorgeous card! I once was a huge fan of tilda and co when I first got into stamping etc all those years ago - had some lovely sets but sold them all with all my stash when I fluttered into a different hobby (never knowing I'd want to return) but I'm enjoying the fresh start and discovering how much has changed and some really gorgeous bloggers work! The card has no trace of 'man' lol it's very beautiful you've done a great job :) congrats on the top 3 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, also thank you so much for the mention! I'm a bit slow and only just added the follow option to my blog! doh!
    Look forward to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card I love that image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Andy. You have coloured those sweet Tilda's so beautifully. I love the papers, fabulous layout and the die cut flower with the tiny gems looks wonderful.
    Thank you for taking part in The Passion for Promakers Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Andy :-) the Tilda's are lovely and the layout and details are fab :-)

    I hope Jo feels better now xx

    luv
    Lols x x x
    as this was posted on Monday before the PTW this won't be eligible in the draw :-/ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Thank you for linking up with us for the linky party at http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cut out image.
    Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.