My Family & Other Animals

Wednesday 19 December 2012

"So Here It Is..."

 
Merry Christmas Everyone
Sorry I haven't been here for a while but with no card to add to the Kenny K blog until the New Year (keep you eyes open for some fabby candy coming soon!) I have been doing some Christmas cards for the loved ones.
Jo keeps asking me if I feel 'Christmassy' yet. We went shopping today and bought some last minute gifts and I still have no idea what that means! Things have been so difficult for us this year that it would take a miracle for me to just shake it all off and start feeling gooey inside because Asda manage to put a massive Days to Christmas countdown clock on their oversized tree! Even Jo who normally goes way overboard came up with the idea to not even swap cards this year, although her idea of giving each other a book which we can write in, wrap up and open on Christmas day seemed way better to me. Her reasoning for this was sound though, she said it didn't make sense swapping cards when we say everything we need to say to each other every day of the year anyway.
So this year will pass with us going to friends for Christmas dinner and not even bothering to put a tree, light or decoration up but that doesn't mean that we are not happy, because we are, we just left everything too late this year and so will probably end up going xmas-mental next year.
There has been a big change in my cardmaking though; instead of colouring with my Copics (which I have been doing practically ever since leaving the I ProMarkers team) I have gone back to my Pro/Flexi Markers again and I am loving my results too. All three of the above cards were done with P.M.'s and I particularly love the Tilda card which was done with a small handfull of Flexi Markers.
I am also still working on 8" x 8" cards as I really love the space they provide me with, I don't feel the need to fill every bit of the card up.
The Top card was made with Kenny K's 'Bow', the non-adult version (i.e. she's got her knickers on!!), my usual collection of dies and some really awesome sticky backed silver paper which I bought years ago, forgot all about and used for the first time only to find out I love the stuff. It cuts like a dream through my Cuttlebug and the sticky doesn't come off after a couple of days either. Of course the downside will now be that as I have had the stuff for so long, I am no longer able to recall where I got it in the first place!!
The middle card is made using a 'Make It Crafty' image. I bought the complete set of elves (i couldn't begin to choose which one I liked the most so got them all - way easier in the long run) and I have to let you know just how good M.I.C. are as a company. I ordered some chipboard laser cuts from them and they arrived here in just over a week! To put that into context, I ordered a book from Play.com (a company based in Jersey but who do all their packing and posting in the UK) for Jo's Christmas box on 4th November and it still isn't here!!!
The bottom card is my favourite of the three. Nearly everything on this card was used for the first time by me and yet I have had all the elements for it for an absolute age. I love the stamp and it was made more special for me because it was the first Tilda I have coloured for ages, I have been so busy doing cards for other blogs that I kind of put my own crafting needs to one side and it is now nice to just be able to sit down and colour whatever suits me.
Anyhoo everyone, that's about it from me for 2012 but I will be back soon with a Kenny K for the New Year, along with all the news about the changes in the team plus the already mentioned candy.
Have a great Christmas and New Year,
sending out love to each and every one of you,
Hugs 'n Stuff
Andy
xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card's. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are very beautiful Andy, Have a good Christmas
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. lOVE THE CARDS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS ANDY AND JO. SEE YOU IN THE NEW YEAR
    AUDREY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing Andrew. I love the colours on the elf. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy New Year! Love your cards.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.