My Family & Other Animals

Thursday 4 October 2012

"Living Next Door To Alice..."

Here she is, my very first card for the Papelitos Challenge blog. This particular young lady is part of their new releases and as soon as I saw her I knew she would be the one for me. If you are new to Papelitos then I can highly recommend them to anyone who likes their images on the quirky side (Kenny K, Saturated Canary, The Octopode Factory, etc.), you can check their etsy shop out here. Their images are very reasonable (£1.90 - £2.20) or you can buy ten for the princely sum of $10, which works out to be £6.35 in UK money, which I think is an amazing bargain for such creative work
I have kept this card relatively simple and besides the image, I have used some Basic Grey DP, flowers from WOC and one of my brand-fire new Spellbinders which I bought on C and C last week. For the first time ever they had the entire first run of the new dies, before the US even! and as soon as I saw them I just had to have them. Jo has bought them for me for Christmas (but I get to use them now, I don't do waiting!!) and so now I have to try and find something for her for the equivalent value - so good luck to me then eh! I think I am paying for her to go away on a weekend crafting retreat in February, it's a ladies only affair and she loves it, plus I get the house to myself for a whole weekend so it's just win/win all round.
Anyhoo, that's it from me for now, be seeing you again soon,
take care,
Hugs 'n Stuff,
Andy
xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andy, so pretty and so beautifully coloured
    hugs Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a different Alice and I wouldn't expect anything different from Papellito's. Great use of colour (your grass especially is fab).
    I ordered those dies to, but sent them back. I tried a couple of them. It took nearly an hour to get all the bits out of the gate and that was after using waxed paper. I took a good luck and decided there were only about 8 that I would regularly use and decided to wait and get them individually from Icon (£8.25 each when pre ordered, £145 for 20 - no gate. I think the fence is gorgeous and love the doilys but thought the corner dies are too large for 6x6 cards. Just my opinion though, think Spellbinders are trying to copy Memory box and Marianne with the small embellishments but not quite getting there.
    Anyhowwwwwwwwwww lol glad you have found Sassy Cheryls, hope you have her bookmarked for freebie fridays as she does do some great images. I've bought quite a few too. Must stop buying stamps and digis I have so many waiting to be coloured.
    Glad things are going well for you. Hope you managed at work
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and it enticed me to explore Papelitos stamps. being new to digis, I was impressed and purchased Alice and have enjoyed perusing your blog. x be great to see you enter some cards you've done at www.dccfriendschallenges.net x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.