My Family & Other Animals

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Fly Me To The Moon.



I got some new Magnolia stamps a few weeks back, some of the new "Winner" range. It's full of all sorts of sports and activities (odd that a Swedish woman should have come up with so many american sports - What exacty do they play in Sweden??).


I got some of the Football ones, a lovely one of Tilda diving which I haven't used yet but already have a great idea to use acetate with, a fantastic Edwin dressed as a superhero (which is all coloured and just waiting to be turned into a finished card - keep 'em peeled) and these ones of the moon, Tilda in her spacesuit and a little rocket with a lovely saying on.


I also bought a load of different coloured butchers twine so it was nice to be able to put that to good use as well.


I put the card together on saturday when I had my goddaughter over for the day to do some crafting with her Uncle Andy and Autie Jo (who went to sleep!).

It's the first time since her birth (she is eight now), that she's spent time with just the two of us and it was such a lovely day. We did stamping, colouring, matting and layering and after lunch (and most of the new Yogi Bear movie) she made a bracelet and necklace and then stamped a mountain of images to colour at home.

The day was made all the more special for me because it was her who instigated the day. She just came out of the blue with it one day to her mum and I couldn't wait.

She really reminds me of Tilda, in to everything and with just the right amount of tom-boy to balance her girly side.


I took the picture in the garden again, as the weather was so nice today it seemed such a shame to waste it.


Hope you like it x

2 comments:

  1. Well Andy I have just found your blog and I think it so good, I am very impressed I think I have taught you well. He He .Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you've coloured her hair on this one Andrew.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.